Hokay, so this year I've been forced to rethink my friendships. I've realized those that aren't so good for me, some that need more attention, and some that need to be made. In the beginning of 2009, I realized that my best friend, or the person I considered my best friend for years, wasn't really my best friend anymore. It's not necessarily a bad thing. We are just two different people with completely different interest in what we do and wanna do. Kate is also extremely hard to make plans with. Lindsey (our other best friend) and I planned to have a night the three of us. Lindsey & I got together at about 8 and Kate kept putting of joining us intil 12:30 in the morning. I guess you could say that was the last straw. She never invites us to anything. Anytime I try to make plans with her she's either busy or she changes the plans. I guess things like this happen when we get older & have serious boyfriends & yada yada, but I can't help to be a little hurt by it. It's like she puts me on the back burner cause she knows I'll always be there. Lindsey, is definitely the best friend I need, she always encourages me to go after what I want, she understands long distance relationships & gives me advice, she makes time for me, she's up for anything, and we're interested in similair things. & I've realized these titles make me sound 5 yrs old, but I've always kindve been overprotective/jealous/& selfish about my friends. I just like to know where I stand with them, and vice versa.
I've also decided to hopefully join Phi Mu, if they're taking new members, of course. My boyfriend pointed out to me I hang out with a lot of guys, but it's because most of my close friends are all spread out all over the place. It'd be nice to have a group of girl friends brought together by one common thing. I've secretly always wanted to join a sorority, but a lot of people in Media Arts will ask if I'm in one, I say no, & they're like "oh, thank God"...I definitely understand I guess, some girls do live up to the stereotype...but most girls I know in sororities are awesome...so I've decided for sure, I'm going for it...maybe soon I'll be wearing greek letters :)
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment