So, I haven't blogged in a long time. So long that reading all of my old posts feels like reading my 13-15 year old diary...cringe worthy. It all seems so irrelevant, for the most part. Still needing that life coach...But aside from that, I had a very interesting weekend. Nothing interesting to anyone else, but it was a weekend that made me realize & question a lot. Let me start from the beginning...
A few weeks ago, I had a dream that I ran into an ex boyfriend that I dated for a couple of years. The encounter in the dream was awkward, but a good awkward. An "All is forgiven, we can clear the air," awkward. Woke up thinking it was real, couldn't stop thinking about it. A few days ago, my mom asked me, completely out of the blue, if I would ever think about getting back together with said ex. I was taken aback by the question because I haven't really thought about it, and I was still thinking about the dream I had. But, I brushed it off. Tried not to think any more about it. Well, Saturday night comes around, I go with some friends (& another ex) to a friend's house, and who is there? Who else but the ex I dreamed I talked to, the one my mom asked about, the one I haven't seen since we broke up 3 years ago. This encounter, to say the least, was painfully awkward. I froze. I really wish I could have dealt with it in a more mature manner (or taken a stronge shot or two), but I don't deal with drama/conflict well in the first place. I stood there awkwardly behind a counter, never said a word, never made eye contact, nothing. I really wish I could have spoken, but what the crap do you say in that situation?!
I know God gives us some dreams to speak to us in some way...but I'm really actually a little freaked by this happening. I've never had anything like this happen before. My question is, what now? Am I supposed to act on this in some way? Initiate some contact to "clear the air" like in the dream? Was the run in a door opening? Was revisiting my past a sign to change my present for a better future?
The rest of this weekend I spent apparently reliving all of my past boyfriends. I spent time with/saw 3 out of 4 of my ex boyfriends, and my current on/off again decided he wants to end things or at least take a legit "break". Oh, and my daddy basically asked me if I was a lesbian.
I take this as a sign I need to step up and fix things in the relationship department of my life. And maybe some other places.
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment